Ms. Bhasuri Bhagyani
Senior Lecturer / HOD
Ms Bhasuri Amarathunge, a lecturer attached to Faculty of Business, joined in 2015, delivers modules in Management Process, Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Performance Management, Enterprise and Innovation, Managing People, Principles of management and International HRM. She holds a First-Class (honours) in BSc in Human Resource Management (special) degree at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura and MSc in Management at Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Also, she is a CIMA qualified member in Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA UK). She was awarded the Gold Medal for Best Academic Performance of the entire Degree Programme with the Highest GPA in all Examinations at the Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (Special) degree examination; bestowed by the Academic staff of the Department of Human Resource Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura. She was awarded Highest Aggregate Performance in Commerce Section in year 2009 at her Alma Mater and with Performance of Excellence award for Business Studies at G.C.E A/L. Before joining academia, she has gained industry exposure in the fields of HR development, HR planning, HR analysis and HR Strategic planning. Currently, she is the course coordinator for UCD management and HRM degree programs, Lecturer in charge of the Association of Business Management (ABM) and Mistress in charge of NSBM Netball Club. Also, she works as a staff advisor for HR Circle, Management circle and Entrepreneurship Circle. Her research interests are in Learning space studies, Safety and Health, Organizational Behavior, education Psychology, HR Developments and Emotional intelligence.
- Amarathunge, B. and Madhuwanthi, L.P., 2020. Purposes of Using Informal Social Learning Spaces by Students: A Case Study of Business School in Sri Lanka. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 9(1), pp.34-45.
- Amarathunge, B., & Madhuwanthi, L. A. P. 2020. Characteristics of Students who are using Informal Social Learning Spaces: A Case Study of Business School in Sri Lanka. Journal of Global Research in Education and Social Science, 14(2), pp. 57-66.
- Amarathunge, B and Madhuwanthi L.A.P, 2020, What attracts students towards Informal Social Learning Spaces? A Case Study of Business School in Sri Lanka, Vidyodaya Journal of Management, 6(2), pp. 103-130.
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Bhagyani, A.A.B. (2022) A Review of Methodological Choices in Green Human Resource Management Research, ICOBI, 2022, NSBM Green University, Sri Lanka
- Nishadini, P.L.K.A & Bhagyani, A.A.B. (2022), Psychosocial Stressors and Construction Labor Productivity: A Review, ICOBI, 2022, NSBM Green University, Sri Lanka
- Amarathunge, B and Bogahawatta J., 2019 ‘Construction Equipment Management through Selection, Maintenance and Replacement Practices’ Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI 2019), NSBM Green University Town, Pitipana, Homagama, Sri Lanka, pp. 102-106.
- Amarathunge, B., 2018. ‘Emotional Intelligence for Effective Leadership at Workplace: A Review’ Proceedings of the First International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI 2018), NSBM Green University Town, Pitipana, Homagama, Sri Lanka, pp. 16-22.
Book Chapters Publications
- Amarathunge, B. et al, ‘The leading function’, Introduction to Management, National School of Business Management Pitipana, Homagama Sri Lanka, 2020.
- Amarathunge, B. et al, ‘Job Design’, Introduction to Human Resource Management, National School of Business Management Pitipana, Homagama Sri Lanka, 2021.
- PhD thesis (tentative title)
- Effect of Green Human Resource Management (GHRM) practices on Organizational Citizenship Behavior for the environment (OCBE) of academics in Higher Education sector in Sri Lanka