Mr. Venura Colombage
Senior Lecturer / HOD
Mr. Venura Colombage is a first class degree holder from Department of Marketing Management at University of Sri Jayewardenepura. He is a dual gold medalist with Dr. Patrick Mendis Prize for the Most Outstanding Graduate with Leadership qualities and other extra-curricular activities at Faculty of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura for year 2016 along with CIM Gold Medal for Most outstanding Marketing graduate at Department of Marketing Management for year 2016. Further he was a SLUSA colours holder and USJP Sports Colurs holder for Track and field events.
Beyond being an academic, he is an Associate Member of Sri Lankan Institute of Marketing and a Member of Sri Lankan Insurance Institute. He has pursued a corporate career nearly for two years in a leading apparel manufacturing company.
- Second Language Acquisition
- Corrective Feedback
- Dynamic Assessment
- Computer Assisted Language Learning
- European Association of Computer Assisted Language Learning
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., Barbutiu, S. M., & Jayathilake, C. (2022). Re-designing a regulatory scale for dynamic assessment in the synchronous text chat environment in collaboration with teachers. Computer Assisted Language Learning. https://doi.org/10.1080/09588221.2022.2092153
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., Männikkö-Barbutiu, S., & Jayathilake, C. (2021). Text Chat as a Mediating Tool in Providing Teachers’ Corrective Feedback in the ESL Context: Social and Cultural Challenges. Asian EFL Journal, 28(1.2), 171–195.
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Manegre, M., & Udeshinee, P. (2022). A telecollaborative study of university students in Spain and Sri Lanka using the Soqqle video app. Intelligent CALL, Granular Systems, and Learner Data: Short Papers from EUROCALL 2022, 2022, 252–257. https://doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2022.61.1467
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., & Männikkö-Barbutiu, S. (2019). Complexity and Potential of synchrnous computer mediated corrective feedback: a study from Sri Lanka. CALL and Complexity, 367–372.
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., & Männikkö-Barbutiu, S. (2019). Vygotsky’s Sociocultural Theory In The Context of Synchronous Computer Mediated Corrective Feedback. International Conference On Business Innovation (ICOBI), 153–158.
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Kalyaniwala, C. (2023) Unintended Language Learning in a globalized world : A telecollaboration between France and Sri Lanka (work-in-progress)
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., & Barbutiu, S. M. (2022). Implementing Online Collaborative Group Dynamic Assessment in ESL classroom. (under review)
- Udeshinee, W. A. P., Knutsson, O., & Barbutiu, S. M. (2022). Learner reciprocity when using a three-step regulatory scale for dynamic assessment online. (under review)