Mr. Isuru Lakmal
Mr. Isuru Lakmal currently works as a Lecturer attached to the Faculty of Engineering. He graduated from the Faculty of Engineering, at the University of Moratuwa in Electrical Engineering in 2016. He is a registered Associate Engineer in ECSL (Engineering Council, Sri Lanka Act No 4 of 2017). He is also an Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL) and a Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). After the completion of his degree, he was employed as a research engineer at the National Engineering Research and Development Centre (NERD Centre) for five years where he gained multi-disciplinary exposure in the fields of Electrical, Electronic Engineering, and Information Technology. During that period, he worked hand to hand with local and foreign experts on several key projects important to the country. Before joining NSBM Green University, he worked at the Faculty of Technology, General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University as a lecturer and at the University of Vocational Technology as a visiting lecturer. His interest in teaching is focused on areas such as Robotics and Automation, Sensors and Actuators, Control Systems, Embedded Systems, Industrial Automation, Computer Vision Applications, and Electrical Machines and Drives.
Research and Publications
- Lakmal, H.K.I.S. and Dissanayake, M.B., 2022, December. “Improving the Visibility at Night for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Using Night-to-Day Image Translation,” (2022), IEEE 6th SLAAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SLAAI-ICAI-2022). IEEE.
- Maduranga, M. W. P., Lakmal, H.K.I.S., Jayathissa, R.H.N.S., Wijayarathne, W.M.S.R.B., and Wanniarachchi, W.A.M.M., 2022, December. “Using Machine Learning and Feedback Filters for Localization in Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) Applications,” (2022), IEEE 6th SLAAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (SLAAI-ICAI-2022). IEEE.
- Lakmal, H.K.I.S. and Dissanayake, M.B., (2022). “Improving Visibility at Night with Cross Domain Image Translation for Advance Driver Assistance Systems,” (2022), 15th International Research Conference (IRC2022) KDU, pp. 3, http://ir.kdu.ac.lk/handle/345/6019, (Abstract), (Best Paper)
- Lakmal, H. K. I. S., Weerasinghe, Y. S. P., Kathriarachchi, R. P. S. and Maduranga. M. W. P., “Machine Learning Based Mobile Robot Localization in Indoor Environments,” (2022), 15th International Research Conference (IRC2022) KDU, pp. 41, http://ir.kdu.ac.lk/handle/345/5939, (Abstract)
- Lakmal, H.K.I.S. and Dissanayake, M.B., 2020, December. “Pothole Detection with Image Segmentation for Advanced Driver Assisted Systems,” In 2020 IEEE International Women in Engineering (WIE) Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON-ECE) (pp. 308-311). IEEE.
- Lakmal, H.K.I.S., Weerasinghe, Y.S.P. and Senarathne, S.M.S.S., Daily solar power generation prediction through feed forward neural network from weather forecasts. In The 3rd Research Symposium 2018 (p. 93).
- Rodrigo, W.D.A.S., Lakmal, H.K.I.S., Roshani, N., Samarakoon, S.W.M.G.S. and Samararatne, S., 2016. A prepaid energy meter using GPRS/GSM Technology for improved metering and billing. International Journal of Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, 4, pp.65-69.