Dr. Chaminda Wijesinghe
Dr. Chaminda Wijesinghe has been an integral part of NSBM since its inception, making significant contributions to its growth and success. With a strong academic background and extensive experience in education management, he has played a pivotal role in shaping the Faculty of Computing and the Postgraduate Studies and Professional Advancement.
Dr. Wijesinghe began his academic career in 2007 at the National Institute of Business Management (NIBM) as a Consultant/Lecturer. During his tenure at NIBM, he took the initiative to develop and introduce several new Certificate and Diploma programs in the field of computer science, including Diploma in Computer Systems Design (Part-Time), Diploma in Software Development, Diploma in Computer Networks, Certificate in Software Development in Java, and Advanced Certificate in Software Development using J2EE.
Since the establishment of NSBM, Dr. Wijesinghe has been at the forefront of leading academic programs in the School of Computing. Under his guidance, NSBM introduced the Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Networks, a program approved by the University Grants Commission. He held various administrative positions within NSBM, including Head of Academics and Dean of the School of Computing, where he played a pivotal role in curriculum development for Bachelor of Science programs in Software Engineering, Computer Science, and Data Science.
Dr. Wijesinghe’s pursuit of academic excellence led him to complete his doctoral program with Stockholm University in Sweden, making him the first PhD holder as part of the collaborative effort between NSBM and Stockholm University. His research and expertise in the field of computer science have further enhanced his credentials as a Senior Lecturer with a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality education.
Dr Wijesinghe served as the first Dean of the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies and Professional Advancement and is currently serving as the Dean of the Faculty of Computing. In addition, he also served as the first Head of the Department of Data Science. His leadership, combined with his passion for academia, has been instrumental in the faculty’s growth and development.
Dr. Wijesinghe holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Peradeniya and a Master of Science in Computer Science from the same institution. Prior to entering academia, he worked as a licensed Air Traffic Controller at Bandaranaike International Airport for nearly five years. However, driven by his passion for education, he made a career change to join the academic field and has since made significant contributions to the higher education sector in Sri Lanka.
- Data Science and Applications Machine Learning (ML)
- ICT Innovations ICT for Development (ICT4D)
- University Industry Collaboration (UIC)
- Wijesinghe, C.; Hansson, H.; Ekenberg, L. Determinants of ICT Innovations: Lessons Learned from Sweden and Sri Lanka. Adm. Sci. 2021, 11, 135. https://doi.org/10.3390/admsci11040135
- Wijesinghe, C., Hansson, H., Ekenberg, L. , & Hettiarachchi, E. (2020). Influential Factors for ICT Innovations in Sri Lanka University-Industry Collaboration: A Systematic Literature Review. Journal of Research Innovation and Implications in Education 47-66.
- C Wijesinghe, H Hansson, L Ekenberg (2022). User Acceptance of a Novelty Idea Bank System to Reinforce ICT Innovations: Sri Lankan University-Industry perspective. The International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (vol 15, issue 1)
- Wijesinghe, C. (2022). How knowledge diffusion in University-Industry Collaboration can foster ICT innovations in Sri Lanka (PhD dissertation, Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, Stockholm University). Retrieved from http://urn.kb.se/resolve?urn=urn:nbn:se:su:diva-203265
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- C Wijesinghe, H Hansson, CR Peiris (2018). University-industry collaboration for ICT innovation in Sri LankaE-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Educationhttps://www.learntechlib.org/p/185008/
- C Wijesinghe (2020). Tracking the Corona Virus Using Sentiment Analysis on Twitter Data: Application to Predict Stock Market Movements. 2020 International Conference On Business Innovation (ICOBI), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- C Wijesinghe (2019). University-Industry Collaboration as A Systematic Literature Review. 2019 International Conference On Business Innovation (ICOBI), 22 November, Colombo, Sri Lanka