Dr. Isuru Koswatte
Adjunct Senior Research Fellow
Dr. Isuru Koswatte is an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the NSBM Green University. He is actively engaged in several international research and training projects in partnership with the NSBM Research Council. He completed his PhD at the University of Manchester in 2020 and as the youngest member of his PhD batch, he also was a part of the Nord IB research community attending conferences and workshops to complete doctoral modules for the Diploma in International Business at Aalto University School of Economics Finland, Leeds Business School, Uppsala University Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, University of Gothenburg, BI Norwegian Business School. He also has an MSc in International Business from the University of Manchester with a first-class pass with honours. He also has his bachelor’s degree in Business & Management from the University of Birmingham United Kingdom. He has also had specific methodology training during his PhD tenure at Birkbeck, University of London.
He currently serves as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at the School of Business and Creative Industries at the University of West of Scotland (UWS) and also works as an external examiner for the University of Dundee. Dr. Koswatte is part of the Social Impact Leadership and Management (SILM) group at UWS and specializes in organizational resilience, entrepreneurship, and business sustainability. He is also the Deputy Program leader for the BA Business Degree program and a committee member for the Staff Research Forum at UWS.
He is recognized as a fellow (FHEA) of the Higher Education Academy for his commitment to professionalism in learning and teaching in higher education. Before UWS, he was Head of Research at NSBM Green University in Sri Lanka.
- Organisational resilience
- Crisis Management
- Educational Development
- Member – Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Associate Member – National Centre for Resilience University of Glasgow
- Member – British Academy Early Career Researcher Network in Scotland
- UWS Vice-Chancellor’s PhD Studentship 2023 award for his project on the topic of “The role of leadership in building resilience towards sustainable economic growth – A Scottish SME Perspective”. Fully Funded.
- The Nordic Research School of International Business (NORD-IB) 2016- Grant GBP 3000
- Jayawardena, N. S., Chavali, K., Dewasiri, N. J., Perera, C. H., Koswatte, I., Pereira, V., … & Mardani, A. (2023). Exploring the challenges in developing and managing digital agility among sri lankan family business owners during the economic crisis situation. Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), 31(8), 1-22.
- Koswatte, I., & Joseph, S. (2023). Crisis leadership towards entrepreneurial success: a Sri Lankan perspective. Routledge Open Research, 2, 21.
- Koswatte, I., Fernando, C., & Jayawardena, N. S. (2023). The dark side of online transition of exams in higher education: a perspective of an emerging nation. VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 53(5), 1005-1024.
- Koswatte, I., & Fernando, C. (2022). Policy Development for Crisis Management in the Context of Sri Lanka. Managing Global Transitions, 20(3).
- Koswatte, I. (2020). Promoting Sri Lankan handicrafts to the global market. NSBM Journal of Management, 6(2), 68.
- Koswatte I. (2015), (2015), “The Resilience of Sri Lankan Apparel Manufacturers: A Global Value Chain And A CSR Perspective”, (Unpublished Masters dissertation). University of Manchester
- Koswatte I. (2020), (July-December 2020), “PROMOTING SRI LANKAN HANDICRAFTS TO THE GLOBAL MARKET”, The NSBM Journal of Management
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Vidya, Panicker, Isuru, Koswatte, (2023), “Orchestrating the bounce back: Role of corporate governance agents in driving organizational resilience .” AIB UK & Ireland Chapter Conference “International Business and SDG 8–Are we on course?” 13–15 April 2023, Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow.
- Koswatte, I. (2020, December). Resilience and COVID-19, A Multi-Disciplinary Perspective. In International Conference on Business Innovation 2020: COVID-19 Transcending Challenges, Recovery Measures and Resilience (pp. 110-116). NSBM Green University.