Mr. Hasantha Dissanayake
Mr. Hasantha Prabhoothi Dissanayake is a first-class graduate with a BA (Hons) in Film and Television from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. He is a Gold medalist with the Dr. D.B. Nihalsinghe Memorial Gold Medal. He then followed a Postgraduate professional course in International Film Business at the Busan Asian Film School in South Korea. He is currently reading his PhD. Having also obtained a Diploma in Filmmaking from the National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka, he had the opportunity to study short professional courses in several international film schools. He is an international award-winning film director, producer, and screenwriter in the Sri Lankan film industry. He is also a Member of the New Asian Producers Network. He has worked as a visiting lecturer in several institutions of higher education in Sri Lanka and now he works as an academic of Multimedia Studies attached to the Department of Marketing and Tourism Management at NSBM Green University. He is the Master-in-charge of Drama Club and Multimedia Circle of NSBM
- Film production
- International Film Business
- International Co-productions
- New Asian Producers Network (NAPNET), The Internet Movie Database, Tele Makers Guild of Sri Lanka
- ‘Conceptual Short Filmmaking with Academic Production Book’ A Book written by Hasantha Dissanayake
On Going Research
- Gender and Diversity in Management Roles in Sri Lankan Cinema
- Challenges faced by independent filmmakers in Sri Lanka: Making films without established film production companies.
- Iddawala, J. and Huang, R., 2022, November. Destination Management in Belfast: A Visitor’s Perspective. International Journal Of Contemporary Business Research, p.43.