Department of Marketing and Tourism is the department which moulds creative marketers and competent tourism experts to the market. The Department of Marketing and Tourism offers degrees, diplomas and certificate courses in both the marketing and tourism fields from NSBM, approved under the University Grants Commission and University of Plymouth, a high ranking foreign affiliated university. Students will experience learning and a real business atmosphere through different interactions with the department. Through this process, the department will ensure to create competent graduates for the industry with the necessary analytical skills. We welcome students who wish to enlighten their career paths in both the marketing and tourism fields.
- BBM (Hons) Tourism, Hospitality & Events – (UGC Approved – Offered By NSBM)
- BSc in Multimedia – (UGC Approved – Offered By NSBM)
- BM (Hons) in Marketing Management (UGC Approved – Offered By NSBM)
- BSc (Hons) Events, Tourism and Hospitality Management – (Plymouth University – United Kingdom)
- BSc (Hons) Marketing Management – (Plymouth University – United Kingdom)
DEPARTMENT HEAD’S MESSAGE
Department of Marketing and Tourism aims to build, develop and deliver the most engaging and relevant learning experience in both marketing and tourism. Marketing and tourism fields comprise competitive industry experts, skilful staff and alumni who have dedicated themselves to assisting students to reach their academic and non-academic goals. The department consists of over 300 undergraduates. It offers degrees, diplomas and certificates courses approved by the University Grants Commission, Ministry of Higher Education and affiliated with high-ranking international universities. The department provides the best platform for undergraduates to engage in marketing and tourism-related activities. We adopt a multidisciplinary approach to research and teaching to enhance the current management thinking and contribute to better lives, organizations and societies. Our core knowledge domains include Organization and Management Theory, Organizational Behavior, Governance, Leadership, HRM, CSR and Communication. We strive for excellence in teaching and research through collaborative engagement with researchers, students and practitioners to create up-to-date knowledge based on contemporary business realities. Thereby we cordially invite organizations, practitioners, researchers and students to join us in this challenging knowledge-seeking journey. I encourage students to investigate the department of marketing and tourism to shape their behaviour as competitive undergraduates with specific knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Mr. Venura Colombage
Head / Senior Lecturer
Mr. Venura Colombage
Ms. Kalni Peiris
Mr. Lasitha De Silva
Ms. Dinusha Sathsarani
Mr. Janith Iddawala
Ms. Prasanshika Assella
Mr. Thisal Yatawara
Ms. Binari Willaddara
Mr. Tharaka Nayanapriya
Mr. Piumal Herath
Mr. Hasantha Dissanayake
NSBM Departmental Publications consist of print and digital magazines, newsletters, and journals published by various departments under the four faculties of NSBM. They reflect the academic and creative expertise of the NSBM academic community across several disciplines and provide opportunities to have professional exposure and sharpen knowledge and skills. These publications include collaborative works of NSBM undergraduates and academic staff members, which primarily target to serve the information needs of our community: students, parents, staff, partners, stakeholders, and the general public
Department of Marketing and Tourism offers both academic and extracurricular activities. The department comprises outbound training, hotel visits, workshops, seminars and guest lectures.
The Department of Marketing and Tourism moulds undergraduates with both academic and extracurricular activities. The Marketing circle and Tourism circle that operates under the department inculcate teamwork and leadership skills in the undergraduates.
NSBM Marketing Circle is a subject circle offered by Department of Marketing and Tourism which aspires to build passionate marketers who will take NSBM name to the heights of the corporate fields.
Purpose of the NSBM Marketing Circle
- To improve the marketing sensing ability of the NSBM undergraduates who aspire to step into the corporate sector
- To prepare a well-round personality through corporative working and decision-making skills
- To set a platform to showcase NSBM students’ marketing skills
- To take forward the NSBM name and to build several brands under the shelter of the NSBM Marketing Circle
NSBM Tourism Circle is a subject circle offered by the Department of Marketing and Tourism which aspires to build professionalism among students who will take NSBM name to the heights of the corporate fields.
Purpose of the NSBM Tourism Circle
- To improve the tourism knowledge of the NSBM undergraduates who aspire to step into the corporate sector
- To prepare a well-round personality through corporative working and decision-making skills with hands-on experience
- To set a platform to showcase NSBM students’ Tourism, Hospitality and Event organizing skills
- To take forward the NSBM name and to build several brands under the shelter of NSBM Tourism Circle. Ex. Aviation Club
International Centre for Cultural Exchange The International Centre for Cultural Exchange (ICCE) is a platform established within NSBM to create a multicultural environment for students to develop their cultural intelligence (CQ) by enhancing cross-cultural communication skills and international perspectives. ICCE provides various services such as NSBM Global Village, study programmes, cross-culture leadership programmes, and overseas […]
Mr. Venura Colombage
011 544 5113 (Ext. 1113)
Tell:+94 (11) 544 5000
Whatsapp+94 71 244 5000
Ms. Udari Liyanage
011 544 5103 (Ext. 1103)