Dr. Malsha Mendis
Dr. Malsha Mendis is a Designer who graduated from the Department of Integrated Design, at the University of Moratuwa. She has obtained a First-class honor for her Bachelor of Design and was awarded the Best Designer Award 2017 for the Design grandaunt who obtained the highest total marks not less than 70% at the 3rd and final year Design projects. After Graduation, she practiced as a designer in two reputed companies. Then she joined the university back in 2018 to postgraduate studies in the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, and Worked as a Research Assistant from 2018 to 2022 and completed her Ph.D. in 2022 with a major in wood science. She won Best Presenter of the symposium 2020 –Session 07 Wood science, wood, and Non-wood Industry on the 25th International Symposium on Forestry and Environment. Best Oral Presentation Postgraduate in International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Technologies (ICIET)-2021 Publisher –Faculty of Technology, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.Further Best urban planning solution –Diploma on successful participation in the creating a project “ Development responsive public open space of Baltic seafront Pionersky town, Kaliningrad Region “ during VII International Online workshop “ IBC Asia 2022” is awarded team won the nomination; organized by Moscow, Russia. She worked as a Consultant at the Office of Research at the University of Moratuwa. As a Designer, she has contributed with creative enrollment in the activities for government and private organizations and as a Researcher together with academic works as a lecturer to share the knowledge and experience as a contributor from a multidisciplinary approach with Design and engineering.
- Mendis, M. S., Halwatura, R. U., Somadeva, D. R. K., Jayasinghe, R. A., & Gunawardana, M. (2019).
- Influence of timber grain distribution on orientation of saw cuts during application: Reference to heritage
- structures in Sri Lanka. Case Studies in Construction Materials, 11, e00237.
- Mendis, M. S., Rajapaksha, M., & Halwatura, R. U. (2020). Unleashing the Potentials of Traditional
- Construction Technique in Bioclimatic Building Designs: A Case of Ambalam Sri Lanka. Int. J. Environ. Sci.
- Dev, 11(6), 298-304
- Mendis, M. S., Halwatura, R. U., & Somadeva, D. R. K. (2018). Investigation on the significance of design
- elements of timber with respect to architectural and structural Engineering Aspects: Review on Ambalam in
- Sri Lanka. Asian Studies International Journal, 1, 28.
- Dissanayake, D. M. N. A., Mendis, M. S., Jayasinghe, G. Y., & Halwatura, R. U. (2020). A study on
- chemical insertion and physical property changes of sunken timber; Terminalia arjuna along with river water
- in Sri Lanka. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT),
- 14(1), 54-69.
- Wood science , and interior design perceptions