NSBM Journal of Management
NSBM Journal of Management is a refereed academic journal being published by the university, which is a bi-annual, open-access journal that aims to provide a scholarly platform for critical and informed articles in all fields of Management. The journal accepts authentic work in the form of research articles, case studies, research notes and book reviews.
Current Areas of Interest
Currently, we are interested in submissions related (but not restricted) to:
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing, Sales and Advertising
- Organizational Behavior and Culture
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
- Total Quality Management
- Data Management
- E-commerce, Technology and Issues
- Database Management Systems
Guidance For Submission
These can take the form of research articles, case studies, research notes or book reviews.
Research articles: They constitute both conceptual and empirical papers. They will be of a positivistic or non-positivistic nature. The word limit is between 6,000 to 9,000 words. Each article is required to be accompanied by an abstract of 200 to 250 words and up to five key words, organized in the alphabetical order. All articles submitted will undergo a double-blind review process after being cleared by the Editorial Board
Case studies: They will necessarily be of an empirical nature and may include organization-based research/ projects. The conditions stipulated for research articles will apply here as well.
Research notes: This is a shorter version of a research article with a narrower scope which does not fall into the above categories. A research note will consist of 3,000 to 6,000 words. Other requirements stipulated above will apply.
Book reviews: These are critical reviews of recently published HR/ Management related books with particular relevance to South Asian countries. The word limit is between 1,000 to 2,000 words. On being cleared by the Editorial Board submissions will not be subject to double blind review process.
Each submission must be in English language type-set using MS Word (font size 12 with 1.5 spacing).
- They must contain the title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s), abstract and key words. The text of a research article will in general contain the introduction, research questions, review of literature, methodology, data analysis, findings and conclusions followed by a list of references and annexes.
- The soft copy (in MS Word) should be submitted to the Editor, NSBM Journal of Management.
- Each submission must accompany a statement of originality in the covering letter addressed to the Editor. In case there are multiple authors, the principal author can submit the statement of originality.
- Submissions should be original contributions and should not have been submitted to any other conference or publication previously or at present.
- By submitting an article, the author transfers copyright to the journal. Authors are required to sign a copyright agreement if the article is accepted. They are fully responsible for obtaining permission and clearing any copyrights issues relating to the content of their submissions.
Harvard referencing style should be followed, and a guide will be made available on request.
- Figures shall be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals. They will be labeled below the figure (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2). Borders are not required to be included for Figures unless essential. Further, Figures must be produced in black/ white images embedded in the text.
- Tables shall be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals and labeled above the Table (e.g. Table 1, Table 2). Only horizontal lines shall be used to distinguish the content within a Table. It is advised to keep one blank line above and below each table/ figure to separate them from the text. The title of the Figure/ Table must be in one line. Capitalize each word in the Figure/ Table label except propositions and conjunctions. Figure/ table titles must be in Times New Roman 12 pt and centre aligned.
- Articles should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each submission will be initially cleared by the Editorial Board and thereafter undergo a double-blind review process. The comments and suggestions received will be sent to the authors with requests for minor/ major revisions before the paper is accepted for publication. A paper may even be rejected based on the reviewers’ comments which will be duly informed to the contributor. Further, the editorial board or the reviewers may sometimes request access to data and workings during the review process and the relevant authors must be willing to supply these when requested for.