Ms. Nadheera Premadasa
Ms. Nadheera Premadasa received her bachelor’s degree (BSc Engineering (Hons) Degree in Electrical Engineering) from the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, in January 2018. Upon completing her first degree, she joined the University of Moratuwa as a Temporary Instructor for one year. In 2019, she was granted a scholarship to pursue her PhD program as a Research Scholar at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa. While enrolled in her doctoral program, she was a visiting instructor for the Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa. Also, she was the Editor of IET Young Professionals – Sri Lanka Network in 2019.
Her research interests include renewable energy, microgrid energy management and optimization, energy storage, and power electronic converters.
- Renewable energy
- Microgrid energy management & optimization
- Energy storage
- Microgrid Optimization
- Power electronic converters
- AMIE(SL) – Associate Member, Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka
- AEng – Associate Engineer, Engineering Council Sri Lanka
- MIEEE – Member IEEE
- Premadasa, P.N.D., Silva, C.M.M.R.S., Chandima, D.P. and J.P. Karunadasa (2023). A multi-objective optimization model for sizing an off-grid hybrid energy microgrid with optimal dispatching of a diesel generator. Journal of energy storage, 68, pp.107621–107621. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2023.107621.
- Premadasa, P.N.D. and Chandima, D.P. (2020) “An innovative approach of optimizing size and cost of hybrid energy storage system with state of charge regulation for stand-alone direct current microgrids,” Journal of Energy Storage, 32, p. 101703. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2020.101703.
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Premadasa, P.N.D., Silva, C.M.M.R.S. and Chandima, D.P. (2021). An optimal configuration of diesel generator and battery storage system for off-grid residential applications. 2021 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC), pp. 1-6, doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/epec52095.2021.9621711.
- Silva, C.M.M.R.S., Premadasa, P.N.D., Dassanayake, D.M.C.T., Pradeep, R.A.H., Sirithunge, C., Chandima, D.P., & Prasad, W.D. (2018). Integrated Control Strategy for Grid Connected Photovoltaic Array, Battery Storage and Supercapacitors. 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering (EECon), 51–57. doi: https://doi.org/10.1109/EECon.2018.8541009
- Silva, C.M.M.R.S., Premadasa, P.N.D., Chandima, D.P. and J.P. Karunadasa (2023). Parametric Approach of Designing Electrical System for Grid Connected Telecommunication Base Station Consisting of Generator and Battery Bank. 2023 Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon) – Accepted for publication
- Premadasa, P.N.D., Silva, C.M.M.R.S., Chandima, D.P. and J.P. Karunadasa (2023). Optimal Sizing of Solar Photovoltaics and Battery Storage for Domestic Prosumers Using Genetic Algorithm. 2023 Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon) – Accepted for publication