Mr. Prasanna Perera
Mr. Prasanna Kamalsiri Perera, school attended Ananada College, Colombo as a grade five scholarship holder, graduated first degree BSc in mathematics and statistics from the University of Colombo and also Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Master of Human Resource Management from the University of Colombo and Postgraduate Diploma in Operational Research from the University of Moratuwa. Mr. Prasanna Perera has served in a few Universities in various academic capacities in Engineering Mathematics, Business Statistics, Human Resource Management, Employee Counselling, and Counselling Psychology for over 25 years. He was an instructor in double mathematics at the dept. of mathematics, Faculty of Science of University of Colombo in early nineties. After that he has been appointed as a lecturer and the coordinator in mathematics at the Faculty of Arts and Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Colombo. Then, he was invited to join as a lecturer in technology Mathematics and as a coordinator of Aerospace Engineering Courses and student counsellor at the Academy of Aeronautical Engineering affiliated to the Kingston University, UK till 2010. There after he was invited to make a curriculum and start a Diploma in Counselling Psychology Course at the Institute of Human Resource Advancement (IHRA), University of Colombo (UoC) by Director IHRA, UoC. Then he was appointed as a coordinator of the course and he has contributed to conduct five diploma batches till year 2016. Mr. Prasanna Perera has multi-disciplinary lecturing experience in different type modules and courses. As a trainer of Counselling practice he has contributed to Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Faculty of Education, and University of Colombo. In addition, he has been giving remarkable service in staff development and training program to the academic staff of University of Kelaniya, University of Rajarata and private campus as well as private companies in Sri Lanka. He has been exposed to overseas training in international medical university of Malaysia, University of Psychology and Ecology, Italy. He was a Sri Lanka representative to the Beyond 2007 drugs federation organized by UNDC at Vienna, Austria. He is a co-coordinator of national ethics code for counselors launched by Ministry of Social Empowerment and Welfare. Postgraduate Counselors’ association, University of Colombo has awarded a membership him. Mr. Prasanna has written and published four books to the nations. He is currently appointed as a senior student counselor and senior lecturer at the NSBM and lecturing on human resource management and personality development.
- Emotions and stress reduction
- Counseling Psychology
- Member of the professional counselor’s service association (PG Dip. Holders’ association of Dept. Psychology the University of Colombo)
- “Identifying the level and successiveness of drug rehabilitation methods being applied in Prisons and introducing the modern techniques to utilize in the environment of Prison.” (NDDCB-Journal)
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Perera, G.P.K.(2022) The impact of mindfulness-based interventions on university scholars’ well-being and academic performance: A systematic review(ICOBI)
- Perera, G.P.K.( 2021)Loving-kindness meditation: To reduce negative emotions of undergraduates. “(ICOBI)
- Perera, G.P.K. and Gayanika, D.M.S.(2020) Emotional Reduction Techniques to Empower Rural Community: A Case Study of Farmers in Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa. ICOBI.
- Perera, G.P.K. and Weerasekara, M.K.(2019) Fostering Mental Wellbeing among Undergraduates: Possible Avenues.(ICOBI)
Book Chapters Publications
- Prasanna Kamalsiri Perera,(2020).Counselling for Abnormal Behaviors ,NSBM publication
- The Inspiration of social media on Depression, Anxiety, and Psychological Difficulty in Youths: A systematic review
- “Mindfulness-based meditation: To manage adverse emotions of University scholars. “