Dr. Mohamed Shafraz
Mohamed Shafraz is a Senior Lecturer of School of Computing at NSBM and he has joined NSBM after 8 years of service at NIBM. He started his career at NIBM as a Consultant / Lecturer and later, was promoted as Acting Head – NIBM Kurunegala. During his service he was actively involved in administrative, marketing, advertising and event management activities and led the NIBM Kurunegala team in addition to his main responsibility – lecturing. Prior to that he had been employed at one of the leading private higher educational institutes as an IT Lecturer and his position had been raised to the designation of Assistant Branch Manager by the time he left the institution. He further has obtained industrial exposure from Ernst & Young, Sri Lanka as Technology Advisory Lead and for Millennium IT as an Associate Software Support Engineer.
His interest in teaching is focused on the area of Software Engineering / Programming. Specially he is interested in teaching the programming languages and areas such as C, C++, Core of Java , Data Structures & Algorithms , System Analysis Design and Information Systems . He has obtained his basic degree , Bachelor of Information Technology from University of Colombo School of Computing. Then he has completed Masters in Information Technology (MSc in IT) with the research titled “Job propensity of IT graduates in public & private Universities”. Due to his interest in management studies he has completed Master of Business Administration (MBA) at University of Colombo, Faculty of Management Finance. In addition to the above mentioned degrees and postgraduate programs he has obtained some other professional IT qualifications such as Australian Computer Society (ACS) examinations in IT and International Computer Driving License (ICDL) examinations.
He represented NIBM and has travelled overseas such as Peru, Lima for an international conference organized by Information Access Agency, Korea and AIT, Thailand for a workshop on advanced training of management.
- Digital Platform Design
- Information Systems, E-government
- ICT for Development
- Member – IEEE
- Professional Member – Computer Society of Sri Lanka
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2023) ‘Users’ Evaluation of a Digital Government Collaborative Platform (DGCP) in Sri Lanka’, Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2021) ‘Implicating Human Values for Designing a Digital Government Collaborative Platform for Environmental Issues: A value sensitive design approach’, Sustainability, 13(11), p. 6240. doi:10.3390/su13116240.
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Karunaratne, I. and Sapraz, M. (2019) ‘Exploring the Potential of an E-Service for Environmental Sustainability in Sri Lanka’, in 2nd International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI), pp. 107–113.
- Ranathunga, N. and Sapraz, M. (2021) ‘Emergency Alcohol Consumption Limit Detector’, in 4th International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI), pp. 207–215.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2018) ‘Governing Environmental Sustainability: A Literature Review’, in 1st International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI), pp. 34–39.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2019) ‘A Review of Electronic Government for Environmental Sustainability’, in Proceedings of Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2019), Xi’an, China.8–12 July 2019. Paper 155. Association for Information Systems. Available at: https://aisel.aisnet.org/pacis2019/155.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2021) ‘Improving Collaboration Between Government and Citizens for Environmental Issues: Lessons Learned from a Case in Sri Lanka’, in In ICT Systems and Sustainability: Proceedings of ICT4SD 2020. Springer, Singapore, pp. 297–306. doi:10.1007/978-981-15-8289-9_28.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2022) ‘Evaluation of a Digital Government Collaborative Platform for Environmental Sustainability in Sri Lanka’, in In Proceedings of Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (Virtual), Taipei-Sydney, 5-9 July,2022.
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. (2022) ‘Translating Human Values to Design Requirements : The Case of Developing Digital Government Collaborative Platform ( DGCP ) for Environmental Sustainability in Sri Lanka’, in In Proceedings of Dg.o 2022: 23rd Annual International Conference on Digital Government Research Conference (Virtual), Seoul National University, South-Korea, June 15-17, 2022. Association for Computing Machinery(ACM).
- Sapraz, M. and Han, S. ‘Case Study – Application of Digital Platorm for solving Enviornmental Issues in Sri Lanka’
- Sapraz, M ,‘ Systematic Literature Review of Chanlleges of Digital Transformation’