BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Mechatronics
PLYMOUTH UNIVERSITY - UNITED KINGDOM
Duration - 3 Years + 6 Months Internship
Explore the cutting-edge fusion of mechanics and mechatronics through our BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering programme. Unveil a world of innovation as you delve into robotics, automation, and advanced materials, guided by experienced faculty. Immerse yourself in hands-on projects within state-of-the-art labs while our industry connections provide real-world insights. This programme is designed to give students the skills and experience they need to succeed in the workplace. This includes a strong emphasis on practical work and design skills
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
- To be informative and challenging and to establish a knowledge base suitable for a future career in engineering or further study;
- To give students with a variety of entry qualifications an opportunity to realize their potential;
- To enrich curriculum content and teaching quality through the professional and research expertise of staff and through links with industry;
- To encourage and support students to develop and learn to apply technical and transferable skills that will facilitate life-long learning and continuing professional development;
- To provide a sustained program of study at the honours and enable employment as a professional engineer;
- To produce graduates who can make a significant contribution to their professional field.
Three Passes in Physical Science, Biological Science or Technology streams in a single sitting, at one of the following examinations or equivalent foreign qualifications is the minimum entry requirement.
- G.C.E. Advanced Level examination conducted by the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka.
- G.C.E Advanced Level examination conducted by Pearson Edexcel, UK (London A/L).
- International Advanced Level examination conducted by Pearson Edexcel, UK.
- G.S.E Advanced Level examination conducted by Cambridge International Examination, UK
- Completion of NSBM Foundation programme. ( Should have Minimum credit pass for Mathematics and Science in G.C.E. Ordinary level exam)
- Year 1 - 1,200,000 LKR
- Year 2 - 700,000 LKR
- Year 3 - 700,000 LKR
- Registration Fee - 10,000 LKR
- Library Fee - 5,000 LKR
Student Loan facilities are available from
Send us an inquiry to ask about payment plans and loan facilities
- Mechanical Engineer
- Control Systems Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Product Development Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Automotive Engineer
- Energy Engineer
- Research and development