Ms. Roshni Samarasinghe
Ms. Roshni Samarasinghe is attached to the Department of English and Modern Languages at the Faculty of Business. She is a graduate of the University of Peradeniya with a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Special Degree in English, and is currently following a Masters in Linguistics at the University of Kelaniya. With both local and foreign teaching and volunteering experience, Ms. Roshni currently contributes to the faculties of Business, Engineering, Computing, and Science by delivering modules in Communication Studies, Presentation Skills, Business Writing, Academic Writing, and English. She also aids the administrative processes of the faculty by acting as the programme coordinator of the FOB Certificate Programme. Her expertise lies in conducting critical analyses that incorporate interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches. Her research interests lie in the areas of Teaching English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics, Gender Studies, Cultural Studies, Communication Studies, and Education.
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Applied Linguistics
- Gender Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Communication Studies and Education
- Caldera, I., Samarasinghe, R. and Udara, N. (2022). Insight. NSBM Publications.
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Narrating Women: Portrayal of the ‘feminine’ in Henry Parker’s Village Folk Tales of Ceylon. Proceedings of Undergraduate Research Congress Faculty of Arts – 2020 Peradeniya. University of Peradeniya. 2021.
On Going Research
- Caldera, I., Perera, R., Samarasinghe, R. and Piyumalee, T. (n.d.). The Digital Divide of Know-How and Use of Digital Technology in Higher Education: The Case of a University in Sri Lanka.