Ms. Nethmi Udara
Ms. Nethmi Udara is attached to the Department of English and Modern Languages of the NSBM and contributes to the faculties of Business, Engineering, and Computing. She graduated from the University of Kelaniya in 2020 with an Honours Degree in Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language. She has also completed a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management at the Faculty of Business and Management Studies at the University of Kelaniya. Before joining NSBM, she worked as a Temporary Lecturer at the Department of English Language Teaching, University of Kelaniya. She has also served as the Coordinator at the Centre for Distance and Continuing Education (CDCE), at the University of Kelaniya. Moreover, her expertise lies in quantitative and qualitative data analysis in interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary studies. She is interested in research on Linguistics, Teaching English as a Second Language, and Language Testing and Evaluation.
- Udara, N. (2021). The Implementation of Subtitled Videos as a Tool in Teaching Vocabulary to Elementary ESL Students. International Journal of Creative Research Studies, pp. 42 – 48
Conference (Full Paper) Publications
- Udara, N., Fairooz, F. and Jayasundara, A. (2022). Online Education for Sustainable Development: An Analysis of Test Scores of Tertiary Sri Lankan ESL Learners in Onsite Summative and Online Summative Examinations. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Innovation (ICOBI) 2022
- Arsakulasuriya, C., Udara,N and Madushika, C. (2021). A Critical Evaluation of the Supernatural Elements in the Jataka Stories through the Theoretical Framework of Magic Realism. In the Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Intangible Cultural Heritage – University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Udara, N. (2021). Implementation of Collaborative Language Learning for Tertiary Level Students in the ESL Classroom in Sri Lanka. In Proceedings of the SLITT International Conference on Advancements in Sciences and Humanities.
- Udara,N. , Arsakulasuriya, C. and Madushika, C. (2021). A Statistical Analysis of Test Scores of Young Sri Lankan English as a Second Language (ESL) Learners in Onsite Summative and Online Summative Examinations. In Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka (ICSUSL) 2021.
- Rajapaksha, R. Udara, N. and Dinushika, T. (2021) Implementation of E-learning Platforms to Learn English among Tertiary ESL Learners with the COVID-19 Outbreak: Benefits and Issues. In Proceedings of the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions (iPurse 2021).
- Udara,N. , Arsakulasuriya, C. and Madushika, C. (2021). A Critical Evaluation of Use of Native English Speaker Audio Clips and Non-Native English Speaker Audio Clips in ESL (English as a Second Language) Classroom in The University of Kelaniya. In Proceedings of the Open University Research Sessions (OURS) 2021.
- Udara,N. , Arsakulasuriya, C. and Madushika, C. (n.d) . An Assessment of Developing of Academic Literacy Media Literacy and Critical Literacy in Undergraduates who study Film and Television Studies through Multidisciplinary/ Interdisciplinary Approach. Journal of Visual and Performing Arts, Sri Lanka (Submitted)
- Udara, N. (n.d) An Analysis to Sri Lankan English Morphological Processes used in Novels by Pinyakanthie Wijenayake (in progress)