Faculty of Business
Mr. Kasun Tharaka Dissanayake graduated from the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura with a Bachelor of Science in Finance with a First class. He completed his Masters in Applied Finance at the same university. He received the B.A Kuruppu gold medal for the best student of Isipathana College (2009) and won The late Mr. B.G Chandrasekara memorial trophy for the best A/L results of the commerce stream of Isipathana College (2009). He is the course director of the certificate program offered by the Faculty of Business, he is also the Node leader for BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree offered by Plymouth University UK and the course coordinator of the NSBM BM in Accounting and Finance degree. Mr. Dissanayake is the master-in-charge of the Student Circle of Accounting and Finance, NSBM Cricket club and the NSBM Oratory and Debating club. He is currently occupied in delivering Accounting and Finance related modules.
His main research interests are in the areas of Finance such as Corporate Governance, Dividend Policy, Working Capital Management etc.
Publications /Conference Papers
- Dissanayake D M K T and Dissabandara, D B P H. (2018), Board Characteristics and Dividend Policy -The Study of Banking and Finance Sector in Sri Lanka, International Conference on Business Innovation, 1(1), pp.46-51.
- Dissanayake D M K T and Dissabandara D B P H. (2018). The Impact of Board Characteristics on Dividend Policy: Evidence from Manufacturing sector of CSE. 3rd Interdisciplinary Conference of Management Researchers, pp.58-66.
- Dissanayake, D.M.K.T and Mendis, A.U (2019). Working Capital Management and Firm Performance : Evidence from Food and Beverage sector of Colombo Stock Exchange, International Conference on Business Research, pp.98-105
- Dissanayake D M K T (2019), The impact of firm attributes on selecting the auditor: Evidence from Sri Lanka, 2nd International Conference on Business Innovation, pp.94-97.
- Dissanayake , D.M.K.T & Harsha, A.S (2019), The Impact of public transportation on tourists' satisfaction: Case of Colombo Fort to Galle , 9th International Conference on Business and Economics