Mr. Gishan Abhayagunarathna
Mr. Gishan Abhayagunarathna, an accomplished professional, holds an MSc in Professional Accountancy from the University of Dundee, U.K. (2020), and a BSc in Finance (Special) from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura, SL (2018). During his M.S., he earned the Professional Accountancy Prize for the Best Student and the ACCA Prize for the Best Professional Accountancy Project. In his undergraduate journey, he graduated with First Class honours and an impressive GPA of 3.98 out of 4.00. His academic excellence earned him the Gold Medal from the Chartered Financial Analysts, SL, distinguishing him as the highest academic achiever in his batch.
With a commitment to finance and accountancy, Mr. Abhayagunarathna is a partly qualified CIMA professional. He shares his extensive knowledge as an educator, specializing in subjects such as Finance Management, Advanced Financial Accounting, Business Valuation, Corporate Finance, Risk Management Models, and Personal Financial Planning.
Before joining NSBM, Mr. Abhayagunarathna gained valuable experience at KPMG, working as a Trainee Financial Analyst in the Deal Advisory – Corporate Finance Division.
- Behavioral Finance
- Investment Psychology
- Financial Behavior
- Personal Financial Planning
- Investor Behavior
- Financial Education
- Financial Well-being
University of Dundee, UK:
- Professional Accountancy Prize (Course Hero Prize) for Highest Grades in Program History
- ACCA Prize for Best Professional Accountancy Project
University of Sri Jayewardenepura, SL:
- Gold Medal for Highest Academic Excellence (Batch Top) Offered by Chartered Financial Analysts
- From Money Mindset to Investment Intentions: How Financial Literacy Empowers NSBM Green University Students to Invest in Equity (Submitted to the International Journal of Contemporary Business Research | Issue 02 | Volume 02 – Approved with minor changes)
- Re-defining the investment landscape: Personal values as antecedents to socially responsible investment intention