Dr. Samindi Jayawickrama
Dr. Samindi Jayawickrama is a Senior Lecturer attached to the Department of Mechatronic and Industrial Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering, NSBM. She obtained her Ph.D.in Chemical Systems Engineering at Graduate School Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan with higher impact factor journal publications. Her educational background includes M.Sc. in Chemical Systems Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan, and B.Sc.(Hons) in Chemistry (special)with first-class at Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka. Dr. Samindiserved as a Researcher at the International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research (I2CNER) at Kyushu University, Japanforfouryears, and a Research Assistant Department of Applied Chemistry, Kyushu University, Japan for one Year. She also worked as a temporary lecturer at Department of Chemistry, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka. She has awarded with MEXT Super Global Scholarship by Government of Japan (2019 –2020and 2017 –2018), Kyushu University Doctoral Student Scholarship (2018 –2019), KMMF (Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation) Scholarship by Panasonic, Japan (2015 –2017)and theL.A.C Alles Memorial Award for obtaining a First-ClassPass with the best performance in Food Science and Technology Units at the bachelor’s degree(December 2013). She also received a research grant from Kyushu University Platform of Inter/Transdisciplinary Energy Research Support Program for Doctoral students in 2019.
- Fuel Cells
- Renewable Energy
- Former member of Japan Electrochemical Society
- Former member of WPI Research Staff – World Premier International Research Center in International Institute for Carbon-Neutral Energy Research at Kyushu University
- Nishshanka, B., Shepherd, C., Jayawickrama, S.M. and Ariyarathna, R. (2022). Ricochet of 9 mm pistol bullets on glazed ceramic tiles: An empirical study in support of shooting incident reconstruction. Journal of Forensic Sciences. doi:10.1111/1556-4029.15180.
- Wu, D., Jayawickrama, S.M. and Fujigaya, T. (2022). Effect of polymer-coating on acetylene black for durability of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell. Journal of Power Sources, 549, p.232079. doi:10.1016/j.jpowsour.2022.232079.
- Yoshihara, R., Wu, D., Phua, Y.K., Nagashima, A., Choi, E., Jayawickrama, S.M., Ishikawa, S., Liu, X., Inoue, G. and Fujigaya, T. (2022). Ionomer-free electrocatalyst using acid-grafted carbon black as a proton-conductive support. Journal of Power Sources, 529, p.231192.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2022.231192
- Wu, D., Kayo, N., Jayawickrama, S.M., Phua, Y.K., Tanaka, N. and Fujigaya, T. (2023). Effect of alcohol content on the ionomer adsorption of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell catalysts. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 48(15), pp.5915–5928.doi:10.1016/j.ijhydene.2022.11.116.
- Phua, Y.K., Weerathunga, D.T.D., Wu, D., Kim, C., Jayawickrama, S.M., Tanaka, N. and Fujigaya, T. (2022). Effect of carbon nanotube-based catalyst layer surface roughness on polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell performance. Sustainable Energy & Fuels, [online] 6(20), pp.4636–4644.doi:10.1039/D2SE00857B.
- Jayawickrama, S.M., Wu, D., Nakayama, R., Ishikawa, S., Liu, X., Inoue, G. and Fujigaya, T. (2021). Effect of a polybenzimidazole coating on carbon supports for ionomer content optimization in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources, 496, p.229855.doi:10.1016/j.jpowsour.2021.229855.
- Jayawickrama, S.M. and Fujigaya, T. (2021). Effect of polymer-coating on carbon blacks for Pt utilization efficiency of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources, 482, p.228932. doi:10.1016/j.jpowsour.2020.228932.
- Jayawickrama, S.M., Han, Z., Kido, S., Nakashima, N. and Fujigaya, T. (2019). Enhanced platinum utilization efficiency of polymer-coated carbon black as an electrocatalyst in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells. Electrochimica Acta, 312, pp.349–357.doi:10.1016/j.electacta.2019.05.007.
- Weerathunga, D.T.D., Jayawickrama, S.M., Phua, Y.K., Nobori, K. and Fujigaya, T. (2019). Effect of Polytetrafluoroethylene Particles in Cathode Catalyst Layer Based on Carbon Nanotube for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells. Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, 92(12), pp.2038–2042.doi:10.1246/bcsj.20190208.
- Empirical study on Ricochet behavior of bullets