Dr Charitha Perera is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Marketing, and Tourism Management under the Faculty of Business at the NSBM Green University Town. She is also a member of the University Research Council. She has obtained her first degree in Information technology (BSc (Hons)) from the Sri Lanka Institute of Information technology. She has also completed her postgraduate diploma and a Master’s Degree in the field of Business Management from the University of Colombo. She holds a PhD in Business specialized in Marketing Communication from RMIT University, Australia. Over the years, she has built a broad area of expertise across the marketing discipline. She is actively engaging with digital marketing and branding activities, and she has already completed several certificate courses in digital marketing to advance her knowledge in the field of marketing.
Dr Charitha Perera is experienced in both industry and academia. Her experience as a demonstrator at the Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology has led her to actively involved in lecturing at NSBM Green University Town. She was working as a business development manager at CMN Holdings (Pvt) Ltd which motivated her to direct her studies into the business management field.
Dr Charitha Perera has published several articles in leading management, and marketing journals such as the International Journal of Educational Management, International Journal of Trade, Economics, and Finance, and Journal of Marketing for Higher Education. She has presented in several international conferences such as IISES (France), ICIKM (Vietnam), ANZMAC (New Zealand), EBOR (Turkey), and ICRBME (Ireland). She has also participated as chairs for international conferences. She also reviews many top-ranking journals.
Her research broadly seeks to understand and foster areas of marketing strategies, and consumer behaviour in increasingly dynamic and global business environments. Her work demonstrates inclusive approaches to digital marketing, and branding drawing knowledge from different fields to get a better understanding of marketing phenomena and their implications for individuals, organisations and society at large. She has extensive quantitative methodological expertise in research studies. She has established relationships with many international universities and institutions and she is collaborating with many researchers on several different projects.
Marketing in the dynamic world, branding in the global world, consumers in the competitive world, and changes in the digital world
- Chair – 10th Business and Management Conference (IISES) – Paris (2019)
- 8th International Conference on Innovation, Knowledge, and Management – Vietnam (2019)
- Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC) – New Zealand (2019)
- Scientific Committee Member – BIZCOM – Malaysia (2020)
- Economics, Business & Organization Research Conference (EBOR) – Turkey (2020)
- 3 rd International Conference on Research in Business, Management and Economics (ICRBME) – Ireland (2020)
- PERERA, C. H. & KAJENDRA, K. 2016. Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction of Academics at Tertiary Level Educational Institution. Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), 4, 25-29.
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & LONG, N. V. T. 2019a. The Impact of Electronic-Word-of Mouth on e-Loyalty and Consumers’e-Purchase Decision Making Process: A Social Media Perspective. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance,
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & NGUYEN, L. T. V. 2020a. Social brand engagement and brand positioning for higher educational institutions: an empirical study in Sri Lanka. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 1-18.
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & VAN NGUYEN, L. T. Impact of brand-related user-generated content on brand positioning: a study on private higher education institutes in Vietnam. Economics Business and Organization Research, 148-166.
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & VAN NGUYEN, L. T. The Impact of Social Brand Engagement on Customer-Based Brand Equity in Higher Education: An Empirical Study in Sri Lanka.
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & VAN NGUYEN, L. T. Role of social word-of-mouth on emotional brand attachment and brand choice intention: A study on private educational institutes in Vietnam. Proceedings of Business and Management Conferences, 2019b. International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- PERERA, C. H., NAYAK, R. & VAN NGUYEN, L. T. 2020b. The impact of subjective norms, eWOM and perceived brand credibility on brand equity: application to the higher education sector. International Journal of Educational Management.
- PERERA, C. H. & RANAWAKA, R. D. 2016. Analyze the Impact of Knowledge Management on Organizational Performances. Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), 4, 41-45.