Martial Arts Club
Introducing the NSBM Martial Arts Club, a dynamic assemblage of the NSBM Taekwondo Club and NSBM Karate Club, designed to empower undergraduates with exceptional self-defense and fighting skills. Our club provides students with a platform to excel in both Taekwondo and Karate, martial art styles renowned for their high-flying, fast-paced techniques, and powerful kicks.
Members of our club benefit from expert guidance and rigorous training, fostering discipline, physical fitness, and mental strength. Furthermore, outstanding performers have the opportunity to participate in events held throughout Sri Lanka, showcasing their skills and representing the NSBM community with pride.
Join the NSBM Martial Arts Club and embrace the chance to develop unparalleled self-defense abilities, boost confidence, and contribute to a culture of excellence.
Master/Mistress in Charge - Academic Staff Members
- Mr. Wepul Seneratharachchige / FOE
- Ms. Rhythmani Perera /FOB
Names of President /Vice President /Captian
- Captain – Rajith Ruwan Bandara Thennakoon (Male) / Dewmi Rivithma Amarasinghe (Female)
- Vice Captain – Dilshan Lahiru Samanweera/ Gayan Sampath samarasinghe
- Captain – G.V. Sashika Rukshan
- Vice Captain – Ashan Dimantha Herath
- Independence Cup Taekwondo Championship 2023 – 1 Silver Medal, 2 Bronze Medals
- 10th Commonwealth Karate Championship (Birminghanm – England) – 2nd Runners Up
- Kanninjuku International Karate Championship – 11 medals
- International Peter Gimo Super Cup Open Karate Championship – 5 Gold Medals, 2 Silver Medals and 1 Bronze Medal
- 25th International Open Karate Championships 2022 – 5 Gold Medals